Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

After school today, Abby went to Kids Center to see Mrs. Linda, her OT. Abby is usually sleepy when she gets out of school, but not when she gets to Kids Center. She gets a sudden burst of energy. Abby likes getting a snack while she works on feeding herself, playing games, and working in their sensory gym.

Linda helping Abby hold a crayon.




















No, Abby is not dressed up like a cat burglar, she is wearing a SPIO garmet. It's made of a lycra blend, giving her compression to help her body awareness, among other things. She used it last year, but I didn't see that it helped much. We are reintroducing it again to see if it makes a difference.

















After working hard, Abby took a break in the ball pit. Even Logan got to play!




Abby got a new Tripp Trapp chair tonight. She has grown too tall for her highchair, so this adjustable chair is a good fit. She likes it already. What a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment