Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday!!!

Abby turned four yesterday. It's a little hard to believe.  She had a great day at school yesterday, and smiled whenever someone told her "Happy Birthday" or sang to her.  What a cutie! I tried to make her party something she would really enjoy.  Sometimes she gets a little anxious around a crowd, so we kept it very small.  She has been loving playing in the water, so we cooked out and let her play on the deck with her water tables.  She was a little tired, but she seemed to enjoy herself and all the attention.  Her OT gave us the idea of using a switch operated fan to help her blow out her candles (thanks Linda).  It worked great.  Here's a link to the video. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv0nsDqiO4k

She was very interested in her new Little Einsteins DVD, of course.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Cute Abby!! Cant wait to see the candles go out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that is great! She is such a big girl. :) Happy birthday, Abby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. She just keeps getting more beautiful, doesn't she? I'm so glad she had a great day.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete