Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Unfortunately, Abby is still seizing when she sleeps, is falling asleep, or waking up. She had a really rough time last night. She had 4 within a couple of hours, so we called the on-call nuero, who increased her meds again. She continued to have a seizure every couple of hours until she woke up. She sleeps reasonably well, only waking while she seizes. She just looks so pitiful when it happens. It breaks my heart. She also coughed a lot during the night, so I took her to the doctor today to check it out. It turns out she has a bronchial infection. That could be what triggered the seizures, or what is causing them to persist. If I am told that neurology is not a "perfect science" again, I am going to scream!

No comments:

Post a Comment