Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Abby has really enjoyed her break from school and therapy. She loved visiting with her Nonnie and Papa Dave, who came in from Texas. We can't wait until they move back!!! She has been a bit moody the past couple of days though, so I think she is ready to get back into her routine. She's getting a little bored with us at home. She does seem to like her new toys. She especially likes to touch the Idog and see the lights blink. We got her some drums, but she hasn't paid much attention to them yet. It sometimes takes her a while before she will try a new toy, so we'll have to wait to see if they ever interest her. Of course, she loves her Little Einstein movies. We are trying to limit how much time she watches them during the day, fearing that she will have withdrawal when school starts and our schedule doesn't allow so much down time. She might also have a difficult time not being able to sleep in. Yesterday she slept until 9:30! I could get used to that.

We are going to the Rett Clinic in Birmingham on Friday to see Dr. Percy. I'm looking forward to talking to him about Abby's reflux. She has vomited a few time during the middle of the night over the break, even though she is taking Prevacid to control acid reflux. We have also had to stop giving her so many high fat foods to prevent her from spitting up, especially in the evening. I weighed her this morning and I think she has lost at least a pound. Dr. Percy was a little concerned about her BMI in July, so I hope it hasn't dropped more this time.

Our New Year's Resolution: Abby will eat more. I will eat less.

No comments:

Post a Comment