Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Abby's teacher said she had a terrific time in the pool today. This was the first time she was at school when her class was scheduled to use the pool. She really likes the water, when it is not therapy (and she can tell the difference very quickly). Also at school, her class has been working with farm animals. I think her favorite activity so far was a book about animals jumping in the mud. The kids used chocolate pudding as mud, and painted pictures of farm animals to go along with the story. I know her teachers took photos, so I'll post them later. She was so excited when I saw the pudding she spread all over the animal pictures. Tomorrow, they are going on a field trip to the North American Live Stock Show. Abby's Grandpa and I are going with them, so we'll all get to check out the animals. I'm anxious to see how she will react to the animals up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment