Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Strollin' for a Cure 2011


What an amazing day!  We had the perfect weather for the strollathon again this year.  It was great to see all the families and their teams supporting our girls and our effort to fund research for Rett Syndrome.  Our treatment is coming!  It feels great that this fundraising could play a part in making RS the first treatable neurological disorder.  The Tri-State Strollathon is huge! I think they said there were over 50 teams participation this year.  It raised over $175,000 for IRSF.  Isn't that crazy?  When all the offline amounts are totaled, we will have surpassed our $5,000 goal again this year!  I can't thank those of you who support Team Abby enough, whether you participated in the walk or made a donation to our team. You rock.  It means so much to our family to have so much support!  Here's a few photos of Team Abby.  They make the 2 hour drive to Cincinnati every year to stroll for a cure:)  Go Team Abby!




Wes and his mom, or as she is known by the kids, Nonnie

Uncle Joe and Aunt Victoria

Grandpa and Nanna

Julie (with baby Emily on the way) and Brooke


 Aunt Rose and Aunt Cheryl

 


No comments:

Post a Comment