Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rett Syndrome Awareness Month

In honor of Rett Syndrome Awareness Month, I put together a montage of Abby. Well, I guess it just gave me an excuse. I have seen a few other ones lately and it gave me the itch to make one for Abby.   Anyway, here it is. Warning-It might be a little sad, or maybe its just me...but I can't watch it without crying. I didn't intend for it to be sad, but photos of little Abby are tough to look at, even though big Abby laughs when she watches it.  I think it will be useful to have a short DVD that gives information about Abby's journey with RTT.  I can give it to businesses/groups when it comes time for fundraising or getting grants etc.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful and definitely has me in tears. Thank you for sharing Abby's story, she is completely adorable! I hate the way that our girls have to fight so much and work so hard for the simplest things that they used to be able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann Marie, so many emotions running through me right now. She is such an amazing blessing from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful tribute to cute Abby. Nolan watched it with me and I cried. he said to me "sad?", yep.
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby you are so beautiful!! Your story brings tears but hang on sweet girl, we are trying to fund your cure!!! Love, hugs and blessings to you and your wonderful family!! Keep smiling girl!!!

    ReplyDelete