Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Photos

It seems necessary this time of year to take the kids to a farm and pick pumpkins.  It seems like they should love the hayride, the pony rides, the petting zoo, and all the fall festivities.  Somehow, it has yet to turn out that way.  Logan was less than impressed with anything the farm had to offer.  In a patch full of pumpkins, he found a.... bouncy ball.  Abby was a little irritated that she could barely take a step without tripping on a pumpkin vine and didn't love the sun in her face all afternoon.  They weren't upset or fussy, but they definitely would have had more fun at home or the park.  With that being said, one would think we will buy our pumpkins at the supermarket next year, but I doubt that will be the case.  Maybe next year they will have fun, maybe.      


Even though the kids didn't love the farm, we did get a few photos.  The smiles didn't come easy.  I looked ridiculous dancing around and singing behind the camera, but I'll do what it takes to get a cute photo.  After all, we had them looking all cute in their fall sweaters, drove across town, and carried them all over a farm-I was going to have something to show for it.     




    

6 comments:

  1. amen. leah so did not love the pumpkin patch, but i keep trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ours is sooooooo far away. and we are already out of days to do it. :( but the last time we went we carried avery kicking and screaming (to the shock and horror of the other patrons) to the car. ugh.

    GREAT pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must have mad skills because I couldn't get either one of my girls to even think about smiling in the pumpkin patch! are you for hire? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Really, who needs to have fun when you can get a cute pic, then in a few years, you will just remember all of the fun, after all, the pics came out well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, you did get some beautiful pictures! We are going on Thursday. I love the pumpkin patch photos! :) I totally agree with Colleen...a few good photos and all you will remember is the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. You do 'fall' so much better than we do 'autumn' - where you are it looks like it's all blue skies and pumpkins, while here it's grey skies and the risk of being hit on the head by horse chestnuts. Abby looks great.

    ReplyDelete