Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Abby did so well at school today. Her teachers said she is letting them know when she needs to go potty every time. She walks over to the restroom door, and hits a picture of a potty to let them know. I think the routine at school is really helping with her potty training. Now, if only we could get a routine going at home. She used to push a button that said "I have to go potty" that was outside the door. The problem with that was she REALLY likes to push any button and hear the response. If she pushed the button, I would put her on the potty. She was sitting on the potty A LOT, and not really having to go. Now, I just put her on the potty when she walks into the bathroom. I know she will get it at home and I'm so proud of her for doing so well at school.

Abby and her occupational therapist, Linda, played in rice during therapy today. Abby worked using her hands to grab, activate toys, and scoop. She also went to the sensory gym to play on the big therapy ball and swing.


(Thanksgiving photos-Abby and her cousin, Kylie)

No comments:

Post a Comment