Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This was the first day since school got out for Abby that we have all been home. Abby had a great day, playing outside and hanging out with Logan and their friends, Eliana and Joshua. I wasn't sure how happy she would be about not being able to run around and splash in the water tables, but she surprised me. She really enjoyed sitting in a little chair and splashing her feet in the water. Of course, the other kids filled buckets and cups of water that were sitting in her lap, so she got to splash her hands in the water, too.

Abby is still unsteady and had a few "drops" today. The neuro wants to increase her evening dose of Keppra, since most of her drops have been in the morning when she first wakes. After I described what she does, the neuro seemed sure she was having atonic, or drop seizures. They said that Keppra should stop them, so she doesn't have to add another medicine. Thank goodness. Hopefully, the increase will stop the drops without any other side affects.







Abby, Logan, and Eliana jamming with the drum set

1 comment:

  1. So glad she had a good day! :) And I'm glad my kids got to play with her. I'm surprised Joshua isn't jamming on the drums with them!

    Such a cute picture! Thanks for sharing it!

    And I hope the Keppra works for Abby.

    ReplyDelete