Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I am killing time while Abby sleeps, and I came across this great blogpost. Check it out. The blog is written with facilitated communication by a women named Karly who has Rett Syndrome. She is amazing. This post discusses her visit with Susan Norwell, the speech therapist that we have a consult with in two weeks. I'm praying nothing happens that will change our plans, as we have rescheduled several times. The post makes me even more excited to meet Susan.

http://spiritdances.wordpress.com/susan-

I'm having trouble making the website a link. I don't quite have the hang of this iPad yet. It has come in awful handy, though. Between Abby and Logan, our old laptop is missing about 10 keys. Typing on this is much easier!






2 comments:

  1. I have been exploring the blog that you mentioned above. Have you listened to her music? How amazing and inspiring! Reading what Karly has written in her blog is helpful to us who want to interact "correctly," or maybe "lovingly" is a better word, with Abby. It is very educational and inspirational.
    Hope your night is as easy and restful as it can possibly be in a hospital.
    Oh, and I covet your iPad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think to say is, "How did it go? Is she done yet?" Except she probably isn't, I know. Let us know when you have the chance. I didn't know you were doing this yesterday/today.

    I will read what Karly wrote when I have a minute. :) But she sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete