Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

24 hour EEG

Today, Abby is having a 24 hour EEG. I haven't been looking forward to having the leeds put on her again. Last time, with the 20 minute EEG, she was inconsolable. This time, the tech was much more gentle, and Abby didn't mind at all. We will stay at the hospital overnight, and they will see what kind of seizure activity she is having at night, if any. She is staying on her medicine, so I wouldn't really expect much to happen, but people much smarter than me say that the only way to confirm seizure activity with Rett Syndrome is with this prolonged EEG, so here we are. She is perfectly happy with her movies and her favorite blanket, so we should be okay. I am waiting for the doctor to come in and convince me to have an IV put in. I'm not budging, though. I know it's "seizure protocol", but it will make her miserable and she has been fine at home for several weeks. Here he comes...

What a surprise, he doesn't think she needs one - no IV for Abby. Yay!





No comments:

Post a Comment