Hello. My name is Abby. I'm eight years old and I was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome when I turned two. My parents work hard to help me make sense of the world around me and this blog is meant to help others understand my world and my journey with Rett Syndrome.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Abby's cast if off! Yay!!!

This morning, I took Abby to get her cast taken off.  While she did not like getting it cut off at all, she was so happy when if was finally removed.  I thought it might take her a while to start using it, but that was not the case at all.  As soon as she stood up, she used it to push the buttons on a few toys in the doctor's office.  Later, she picked up a piece of cookie and put it in her mouth.  It looks like the 4 weeks she went without using it didn't hurt it's function.  What a relief!

1 comment: